When it comes to website security, it’s essential to have reliable solutions in place to protect your website from malware, DDoS attacks, and other online threats. Two of the top website security solutions are CloudFlare and Sucuri. Let’s explore both of these options to help you make an informed decision for your website security needs.
- Pioneers in mitigating DDoS attacks with their Website Application Firewall product.
- Blocks suspicious traffic before it reaches your website, ensuring it stays available to visitors under heavy traffic or an attack when your servers are unresponsive.
- Offers free and custom SSL certificates with their plans.
- Provides page rules to exclude/include certain pages/functions.
- Allows you to delegate account access.
- Offers no server scanning service and malware removal guarantee.
- Requires a paid plan ($20 a month) for using WAF on your website.
- Offers comprehensive scanning for malware, website monitoring, malware removal services, and DDoS protection.
- Scans your website regularly for malware, code injection, and file changes.
- Cleans up hacked sites and supports WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and all other popular CMS software.
- Offers CloudProxy, a loading balancing and website firewall service.
- Helps in blocking suspicious traffic from reaching your website by blocking bad bots, code injections, and other website threats.
- Offers free Let’s Encrypt SSL for their basic plan.
- Requires an upgrade to professional and business plans for using custom SSL certificates.
- Cloudflare has a larger CDN footprint and allows you to delegate account access.
- Sucuri does malware scanning server-side via a plugin.
- Cloudflare requires a paid plan for using WAF on your website, while Sucuri offers it with all their plans.
Both Cloudflare and Sucuri offer reliable website security solutions. However, the choice between the two depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you require a larger CDN footprint and the ability to delegate account access, Cloudflare may be the right choice for you. On the other hand, if you need comprehensive scanning for malware, website monitoring, and malware removal services, along with free Let’s Encrypt SSL, Sucuri may be the best option. Ultimately, the choice depends on your website security needs and budget