A good roadmap will help you steer clear of expensive wrong turns and distracting dead ends. A roadmap helps organizations identify and design enhancements to their UX that meaningfully support their goals and actualize their business strategy. During our time together we will help you map out your:
- Your Product vision of what you want your product to become in the future.
- An execution plan detailing what your company is going to do to meet the vision.
- Goals that are time-bound objective that can be measured by a specific metric.
- Determine the actual features of a product that’s either part of functionality or a third-party application.
- Determine dates or time periods for a certain goal or feature to be finished. As a rule, a product roadmap suggests only an approximation.
- Status markers that are used to track the progress of work.
- Provide metrics and assistance in the measurement data-driven goals, e.g. churn rate or organic traffic.
How does it work?
Our agreement entitles you to unlimited 24/7 access to me via phone, email, and IM. I return all messages no later than the next business day, although in practice response time is much quicker (particularly between 9 am to 5 pm CST, but also nights and weekends).
Meetings are scheduled in advance, typically take place over the phone, and are sometimes supplemented with online meeting and/or screen sharing software (e.g. GoToMeeting, Skype, Join. me).
There are 6 possible areas of involvement:
- Participation in an initial in-depth, in-person meeting to define long-term business goals, existing legacy systems architecture, and organizational challenges.
- Regular meetings with the primary project contact to discuss strategy, longer-term issues, and business goals.
- Strategic and tactical advice based on a series of ongoing meetings with team leaders. These are individualized and mutually agreed upon. In addition, I’ll serve as a sounding board as they work to achieve their business and technical goals.
- Technical review of APIs, IDEs, source code, documentation, and the like.
- Where appropriate, I’ll provide code samples, proof-of-concept examples, and design mockups. Please note that authoring shipping code, designs, or documentation is not included in this agreement.
- Periodic competitive analysis and market insight based on interactions with the developer community, both in-person (e.g. speaking engagements, meet-ups, user groups), and online (e.g. Twitter, RSS feeds, blog posts/comments, mailing lists).
- Situational responsiveness to needs that arise that you deem require my assistance, which is not covered elsewhere.
My fee is $15,000 USD per month, all-inclusive (i.e., I arrange and pay for any necessary travel, administrative expenses, etc).
- Direct access to a recognized expert Learning things the hard way means wasting tens (or sometimes hundreds) of thousands of dollars on misguided development efforts. Worse, you risk losing valuable competitive advantage by prolonging your time to market. Get direct access to a recognized expert that has launched 100’s of successful software products
- Unlike my competitors you work directly with me; not an army of junior consultants who are learning on the job at your expense.
- I don’t bill by the hour You always know in advance what the financial investment will be for my services.
- My work is guaranteed. If at any point in our first 30 days you decide that I am not meeting the standards described herein, just request a refund and I’ll send your money back, no questions asked.
Book a 30-minute free consultation to get started